Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Twice Glad

      It was not my intention to post again so soon after writing of my Aunt Midge's passing.  However, I must share this story.
     Aunt Midge had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for several years.  The last few years had become especially difficult for everyone.  Anyone who has experienced this with a loved one knows the patience and fortitude it can take to have a simple conversation.  One of her favorite stories to share was what her mother would say when Midge's family came to visit with their three little kids.  Her mother, Elsie, would say to her daughter, "You make me twice glad.  Once when you come and then once again when you leave."  It was a great story, and I won't dwell on the number of times it came into the conversation on any given day.  Suffice it to say, it was a lot.
     As I finished reading her obituary today, I was smiling.  Added to the end was a special note:

 "Mom, you've made us 'twice glad' for loving us unconditionally while you were here with us and because we know you are home again with Dad."
     

1 comment:

  1. Marge, what a special remembrance to have that tucked into the obituary!

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog today, by the way. I appreciated your comment!

    ReplyDelete