Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday With Margie

At this point in my adventure, I will have visited a family farm in the countryside of Sicily.  I grew up on a farm as did many of my ancestors. However, we didn't make ricotta cheese. We stuck to corn and soybeans. Sometimes there were fields of oats and hay. 
 
Our next stop was a medieval palace where a countess welcomed us.  I don't think there is a chance of connecting genealogically with the nobility of Sicily. So, I left my pedigree charts at home. 

I have learned about the Valley of the Temples ruins. It is one of the most important archaeological sites in the world
 
and modern day Agrigento, Sicily used to be the Greek city of Akragas. In its glory days, it was one of the most important and most culturally-advanced Greek cities in the Mediterranean.
Now I find that interesting!
 
Not only is it interesting, but now I don't even need to go to Greece. More time for genealogy.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment