Thursday, September 24, 2015

September 24, 2015

While searching around for some punctuation clarification for one of my posts, I came upon this most interesting piece of information.
September 24 (every year) is National Punctuation Day. Honestly, if you didn't know this (as I didn't) you are now far more knowledgeable. As odd as you think this post might be, I can name a few of my readers who will find this as interesting as do I. See National Punctuation Day to see how to celebrate this day.

You might just say if this excites me that I don't get out enough. Au contraire!  Today I am scheduled to be in Matera, Italy. We will be exploring "Sassi di Matera," an ancient town known for its cave dwellings, both modern and ancient.  This location is used by filmmakers as the setting for ancient Jerusalem.  The Passion of the Christ (2004-Mel Gibson) was filmed here among many, many other films. Due out in 2016 is an upcoming film, Ben-Hur (Timur Bekmambetov). I didn't know there was a remake coming, but I will certainly be watching for it.

I would also be interested in how you celebrated National Punctuation Day. Leave me a comment.  If I were home I would probably want to take a leisurely stroll as suggested, paying close attention to store signs with incorrectly punctuated words and then stop in those stores to correct the owners. However, since I will not be home but in Italy, I guess I will have to restrain myself. My Italian just isn't that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment