Friday, October 16, 2015

Monday, Monday

Yes, I know it is Friday, but I am getting this post out of the way so I can start fresh next week.

I am starting this post by singing "Monday, Monday" from the Mamas and the Papas.

"Monday, Monday, can't trust that day." Hum along if you are old enough to know this tune. This was the favorite song of a college friend who played it no fewer than 500 gazillion times. I doubt that there is any song on my lifetime that I have heard as many times. Usually, it brings a groan when I hear it, but also a smile thinking of those youthful days.

However,  I felt like Monday, October 12,  was not being good to me. My schedule included two funerals at 11:00 on the same Monday morning.

Enough!

I am ready to put all of this behind me and move on. Time is getting more precious by the day. I am starting to glimpse an end to my days. Not good! It makes me want to dig in deeper and harder and leave as many family stories for my family as I possibly can.

Cousins is back!


No comments:

Post a Comment