Monday, December 19, 2016

After the Hunt - Mondays With Mary

The week after the big deer hunt is full of calendar entries about cutting up the deer and the awful weather.  I also notice that so many temperatures are recorded at ridiculously early morning times. I am beginning to think I might be adopted. ( I am not a morning person)


 Tuesday, December 12, 2000

-10 degrees @ 4 a.m.  Cold all day around 0.
Lewis's & Ashley out to cut up doe deer. 
Took meat to Lohrville for bologna 
& dried.  Vern coughing & catching cold.
Al Tubra called to-nite.

Wednesday, December 13, 2000

4 degrees @ 5 a.m. warmed to 13 degrees today
light snow all day    another 3 inches
Vern coughing bad.  I fixed cold medicine
for him.  Leonard out to clean out yards. 
read & napped in p.m.

Thursday, December 14, 2000

1 degree @ 3 a.m. Vern still feeling bad
Lewis out to cut up deer. back quarters
no good.  I went to Carroll to get hair set &
groceries.  Don Buenting brought shells from his brother
 Vern of Va.  I did dog & chicken chores.

Friday, December 15, 2000

12 degrees @ 4 a.m. warmed up to 20ties
another 2 inches of snow in p.m. I wrote
X cards all morning.  Vern still not feeling
 good.  R & L Sabus came & got us & we went to
 Arcadia Xmas party. misting & slick

Saturday, December 16, 2000

21 degrees @ 5:30 a.m.  dropped to 3 degrees below
Blizzard all day. I wrote Xmas cards,
 did the chores, didn't go to David Wright's
 reception.  Margie called for our anniversary. Dorothy Sharon & Darlene Antisdel called     Vern still not over cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment