Monday, January 30, 2017

Mondays With Mary- Raspberry Pie

I picked up Mom's 1981 calendar a few days ago to see what was happening that year. As we know, February can be awfully cold.

Monday, February 2, 1981

7 degrees below at 7:45 a.m. cold    stock water froze & heating element burnt - tried to put a washer on waterer - broke it- I went
to Hardward Store at 5:30 to get T so could keep water facet from
freezing.  Cattle short of water today.

Tuesday, February 3, 1981

4 degrees below @ 7:15  got stock waterer fixed in am. Went to Scranton for lunch & I got my hair set.  Vern played pool.  Home about 3:30 p.m. Read and watched TV rest of day.

Wednesday, February 4, 1981

2 degrees below @ 7:00 a.m. warmed up to 15 degree -raw - sun shining - got title & registration for car.  Went to see Mom alittle.  Vern got an adjustment.  I went to Wed. Club in p.m. at Carol Coles- stopped at Ray & Linda Sabus on way home. 
Stopped at Pauline Caddens.

Thursday, February 5, 1981

17 degrees at 7 a.m.  windy - cleaned deep freezer.  snow squalls  off & on all day.  Took gizzards to Linda Sabus - Vern went to town in p.m.  I read & cut out dress & jacket for Pauline Cadden.

Friday, February 6, 1981

6 degrees @ 7 o'clock - took splitter down to Ray Sabus in a.m. & split up some wood  _ I went to Jeff for meat in p.m.  -Vern spent p.m. at the lounge- took splitter to Dale after lunch.

Saturday, February 7, 1981

24 degrees @ 7:30 a.m. cloudy-high winds dirt blowing.  I baked raspberry pie- cleaned house- sewed a little.  Getting colder all day.  Kids came about 5:30.
...................................................................................................

The reason I chose this February week of 1981 was because I like to look back at calendars that are approximate the current year's calendar. This week of February was 35 years ago. I thought comparing temperatures might be interesting to those in the 2017 cold winter.

So what is significant enough to give this Mondays With Mary the subtitle of Raspberry Pie.

I love Raspberry Pie. Black Raspberry Pie to be exact.  So I am reading along in Mom's calendar and read that she made a raspberry pie. I am immediately upset. She should not make raspberry pie without me there to eat it. What kind of mother is she?  I calm down and read the next nine words. Then the ones that
made me ashamed of myself. Kids came about 5:30.

 I guess she made the pie for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment