Saturday, June 10, 2017

Found Treasure - Part Two

The last post on Cousins, Found Treasure,  featured a list of life's learnings. Here are the rest of those little bits of wisdom.

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. Age 62

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands.  You need to be able to throw something back.  Age 64

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you.  But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.  Age 65

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness. I usually make the right decision.  Age 66

I've learned that everyone can use a prayer.  Age 72

I've learned that it pays to believe in miracles.  And to tell the truth, I've seen several.  Age 75

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. 
Age 82

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.  People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.  Age 90

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.  Age 92

******************************************************


As much as I enjoyed reading all these words of wisdom, the real treasure of this find was the email to which it was attached. 

*****************************************************

Date: 12/10/01   7:07 PM Central Standard Time
From:  D. J. Grisso

Just got back from another wonderful hunting trip to the Wright farm.  We always have the best time.  Your folks are truly wonderful and I enjoy them very much.  They both are doing quite well, it's remarkable.  Watching them always reminds me how much they live and love to hunt deer all that comes with it.  As I sat out in the timber, I wonder if they don't have a better understanding of life than most anyone I know.  I'm glad they share it with me.

****************************************************

These words from my cousin about my parents brought me to tears.

As the words of wisdom said, "...regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die."

So True!

No comments:

Post a Comment