Monday, August 14, 2017

Can Anyone Help?

I ran across a group of photos that have no identification on the back. My mother was always insistent that photos have identification on the back. This leads me to believe the pictures are from my father's side of the family. Well, also I believe they came to me through one of his deceased sisters.





This nice looking gentleman could be my great-great grandfather. George Jackson DeHart. (1835-1916)

And then again, it could be someone else.

Another photo in this group, could be his daughter, Carolyn.  For some reason, I think she resembles my grandmother, Nina,  who would have been Carolyn's niece.

Carolyn was a 1/2 sister to Emma Susan DeHart Borden. They were the daughters of George Jackson DeHart.





And lastly, there is the woman below. Could she be Great-Great Grandpa DeHart's second wife, Carolyn's mother? If so, her name is Sarah Caroline Corey. 






No comments:

Post a Comment