Monday, July 6, 2015

Mondays With Mary

Today is a little different, but certainly still Monday With Mary and I guess with Vern too.



 
The caption under the not very flattering picture of my parents reads as follows:
 
Vern (left) and Mary Wright of rural Scranton display an object believed to be a portion of a tusk of a prehistoric wooly mammoth recently excavated from a gravel pit they own northeast of Ralston.  The 30-inch section may be between 8,000 and 10,000 years old.  Preservation experts from the State Historical Society plan on traveling to the Wrights' home to study the tusk.
 
I was surprised at how well this scan of an already scanned newspaper document turned out.  I no longer think I need to rewrite the article because if interested the article is readable as is.
 
The tusk was given to the Greene County Historical Society (Jefferson, Iowa) by my parents.  It is now on display for all to see.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment