Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wordless Wednesday - Sale Bill

 
Wordless Wednesday seems like a good time to post this sale bill from 1959.  I remember this day well. I loved my grandmother's rocking chair because she always sat in it when I was at her house. (Unless she was in the kitchen making pancakes for me)
 
 I asked my dad to buy it for me, but my great Aunt Ardea said I could have it.  As I said in her post Ardea Agnes Smith Stevens, I believe it was the only item of Grandma's not sold so the profits could be divided among her children.

Mom recovered the chair many years ago, but slight flatness to the bottom of the rockers is one of my favorite features not to mention its comfort.
 
Turns out my future in laws bought one of the dressers at the sale.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment