Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday With Mary - 10/26/2015

Tomorrow my mother would have been 94. She died twelve years ago just after her 82 birthday. If she had lived until tomorrow (October 27, 2015), she still would not have been as old as my recently passed mother-in-law (who made it to age 97).

I have checked Mom's calendars and some years she wrote about her birthday and other years she didn't.

Tuesday, October 27, 1981 (She was 60)

Beautiful day - no wind- up into 60ties. John - Ina - Margie - Bonnie - Doll -called me for my birthday - got picker & wagons home - Ray S. put lids on cribs -fixed river bottom fence in p.m. Went to Ta & Doug's for supper & cake.

Sunday, October 27, 1991 (She was 70)

Cloudy but in 50ties most of day- Ina - Margie called
Also Joyce - Micki - Delores
Watched Series to-nite  M. Twins won- worked on quilt to-nite.

Saturday, October 27, 2001 (She was 80)

18 degrees @ 5:20 a.m. Margie & I went to
Perry to Hotel Pattee for lunch with
Midge, Mary & girls- David & Jenni G.
home at 4:15 p.m. Went to Sabus' for
cake & ice cream & another birthday party.
Scott, Bill G. & Florence & Ed Robinson called.

I had planned a few pictures for this special birthday post. However, I am still fighting the technology. I think it will be solved soon. I know you are on the edge of your seats waiting to see how long this might take. No bets, please.





No comments:

Post a Comment