Friday, December 18, 2015

May 1 and 2, 1930

Samples of eighth grade tests can be found in historical societies and genealogy libraries.  I have seen them at Quester meetings and other informational gatherings.  However, the one I came across recently is special. Why? It is special because it is the actual test that my mother-in-law took May 1 and 2, 1930 when Herbert Hoover was president.

If you have never read one, I think you will enjoy testing yourself.

Each of my posting days over the next week or so will feature parts of the test. It is Christmas time and there are numerous interruptions to my genealogy quest. I intend to get back to the DeHarts and then move on to some of the memories of my grandmother, Nina Frances Borden Wright, in the new year.

The questions below were answered by Doris Fern Augustus just before her 12th birthday. Her birthday was May 4. I bet it was a celebration since the test was over.




 
 
The cut off portion above was how the questions appeared in the booklet.
 
Next week, be ready for Civics and Geography 

No comments:

Post a Comment