Thursday, November 17, 2016

Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy

No, our family is not related to the Kennedy family.  I thought I needed to make that clear immediately.  This post title might have made a cousin or two jump to the wrong conclusion. After all, we enjoyed learning about our relative Dr. Grisso.

Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy is the title of a book by  Kate Larson which I just finished reading for my winter book club. I highly recommend it.

Reading about Rosemary and what mental health was like in the 20's-50's and even beyond, made me think about a relative that many of my cousins may not have been aware of.  She was the wife of my great-great Uncle LeRoy Vorhies. Uncle LeRoy was the youngest brother of our Great Grandma Estella Smith.  Lulu was institutionalized in Colorado for many years. This is about all I know.  Now I wonder why. Now I am motivated to learn more.  When I know more, you will be the first to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment