Saturday, February 27, 2021

Daughters of the American Revolution

     I finally did it. I submitted my application to the Daughters of the American Revolution. I have been meaning to do this for years. Mainly I wanted to make it easier for my granddaughters to apply in the future if they should become interested. My patriot is Abraham DeHart on my father's side. I am fairly certain I can follow the line back on my mother's side as well. I would be willing to give it a try if a maternal cousin is interested. 

     The lineage is as follows:

Abrabam DeHart-patriot who fought for our independence in the Revolutionary War.

 Samuel DeHart- son of Abraham of West Virginia

George DeHart-grandson of Abraham. I have visited the grave of George in DalHart, Texas.           He and his brothers fought in the Civil War on the side of the Confederacy

Emma Susan DeHart Borden -great granddaughter of Abraham and my great grandmother whom I knew well as a child.

Nina Frances Borden Wright-great great granddaughter of Abraham and my paternal grandmother.

LaVerne William Wright- 3rd great grandson of Abraham and my father.

Margaret Ann Wright Tolsdorf- 4th great granddaughter of Abraham DeHart.

No comments:

Post a Comment