Friday, July 24, 2015

Too Many Good-byes

So far, this has not been such a great year. In January, we lost my Uncle John and his first cousin, Jean Stevens Johnson. This blog was actually dedicated to them. The post is called Dedication.  In the spring, we lost my aunt and a dear family friend. Several more posts were written. See In Loving Memory, Twice Glad, and Tribute.                                

A few days ago, I wrote about my aunt who was only three years older than I am and who died July 13, 2015.  And now, we have lost a member of my husband's family.

I mentioned in my Aunt Evie's post titled December, 7, 1941, that it was the first entry for the Wright, Borden, DeHart side of the family. Today it is the first for another branch of the family tree. Today I write about the Tolsdorf side, my husband's paternal family.

Roger Tolsdorf passed way July 18, 2015. This was the day we were interring the ashes of  my uncle and his wife. I am stating 'and his wife' to clarify that she was not my blood relative. Because, she was my husband's blood relative. She was his first cousin, as was Roger. And there were and are many more cousins all descended from a German grandfather that immigrated from the Ukraine in 1892. The  family has an interesting history which I look forward to sharing in the future.

Today, our thoughts are of Roger. He was a jokester and was loved by all who knew him.  Rest In Peace, Roger. You can't imagine how many family and friends are going to miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment